The humanitarian community needs to liaise with respective local government agencies in order to facilitate compliance with local regulations, frequency allocation, licenses, importation of equipment and coordination with local providers.
Service Description Status:
- Identification of importation requirements including permits, licences and fee information.
- Frequency allocation and spectrum use for VHF, HF and satellite communications.
- Information access for compliance and regulations for voice and data communications.
- Coordination with local telecommunications providers.
- Advocate on behalf of ETC members in respect to importation of ICT related equipment.
- Where applicable, support host governments in implementation of commitments related to Tampere convention.
Time for service delivery after activation:
Initiated within 24 hours and on-going as required by the specific local context and/or issues.
Responsibilities of service recipients:
To inform the ETC Coordinator of importation and licensing requirements for ICT equipment and services.
Cost to service recipients:
No cost of the service during the project