A helpdesk dedicated to support users on technical and user related errors on handheld ICT equipment. The helpdesk can give both hands-on support and guidance how to solve problems. There will be a reception with scheduled opening hours and a ticketing system to make sure that all issues will be properly handled. The helpdesk will be available for humanitarian workers from UN agencies and NGOs.
- Support users on hardware and software related errors
- Installation of software
- Assist users with connecting to a printer
- Guide users on how to use scanners and copy machines
- Guide users on how to use common software e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Erase viruses from computers and external memory devices
- Assist with downloading coordinates from GPS to computer
- Assist with downloading photos from camera to computer
Emergency declared and ETC activated
Emergency project completed and services are decommissioned or hand-over arrangements established (MOU)
- Recipients need to provide chargers/batteries for devices and cables/software to connect cameras and GPS devices to a laptop.
- Recipients need to provide valid license keys for any licensed software to be installed.
- PC with Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Microsoft Office 2003-2010
- Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Phone, Android phones
- Other brands, models and soft wares are supported on a best effort basis.
- Cameras and GPS devices are supported on a best effort basis due to the huge amount of brands and models available.