- The link between the NGO community and the ETC while working as an integrated part of the ETC team. While serving the NGO community, the ETC NGO Coordinator will remain accountable to the ETC Coordinator.
- Ensure that the needs and requirements of the NGO community are included in the overall response plan of the ETC.
- Develop, enhance and maintain relationships between the ETC and the NGO ICT focal points, this to allow for collaboration on common projects. This involves organizing and holding regular NGO ICT coordination meetings.
- Engage with the NGO community to conduct requirements analysis, determine and aggregate demand for common ICT infrastructure and services in operational areas and prepare appropriate ICT project plan and budget that informs overall ETC project plan and budget.
- Facilitate and coordinate the portfolio of ETC projects across the NGO community. This would entail involving NGOs to contribute in the planning, designing, implementation and maintenance of ETC projects.
- Review the efficiency effectiveness of common ICT services provisioned to the NGO community by the ETC, and provide feedback to the ETC Coordinator.
- Coordinate relevant documentation and reporting for response and share documents on the HEP. This documentation includes, but is not limited to, assessments documents, project plans, budgets, project reports, transition plans and lessons learnt.
- Develop a communications strategy and ensure communication of relevant information and updates to key stakeholders within the NGO community and ETC. This includes ensuring that the NGO community is fully aware of the role and activities of the ETC as well as the services that are available or can be made available to NGOs.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships within the humanitarian aid community operating in the disaster areas, on behalf of the ETC. Be a key participant in the local ETC Working Group meetings and the global ETC teleconferences communicating the common - Document and communicate lessons learnt within the ETC community. As a result, contribute to the enhancement of the ETC strategies, policies, processes and standards.
- Facilitate development of a long-term NGO collaboration forum for on-going coordination of common ICT programmes.
A large scale emergency is declared and ETC activated.
- Emergency project completed and service is decommissioned or
- Hand-over arrangements are established to transition the service to local NGO coordination mechanism.
Service recipients would be the NGO community, whose responsibilities would include;
- Contacting global ETC to determine whether dedicated NGO Coordinator service is activated, through; global.ETC@wfp.org
- Engaging the appointed ETC NGO Coordinator, and communicating ICT service requirements and other information that would be relevant for receiving of ETC services e.g. operational locations.
- Participate in NGO ICT coordination meetings and/or calls convened by ETC NGO Coordinator.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency and effectiveness of ETC services.
[In the past, position hosted by: World Vision International (Haiti) and NetHope (Horn of Africa)]