ETC Coordination Course 2020
Applications for 2020 are now open. Last day to apply is 17 January, 2020.
Location: Rome, Italy
Training Category: Management
Duration: 6 Days
Date: March 30 to April 4, 2020
Seats: 20 participants
Application Deadline: 17 January, 2020 midnight GMT
There is no fee for the training itself. Accommodation and meals during the training (excluding dinner) will be covered. Participant travel, cost of dinner, and other incidental costs are to be covered by the sending organisation.
Humanitarian responders who are likely to coordinate or support the coordination of ETC or other inter-agency ICT emergency responses. Applicants should be experienced professionals with some experience of operating in an emergency response environment and who are capable and committed to be deployed to or support ICT response to emergencies.
- Humanitarian and emergency experience
- Commitment to deploy
- Project Management experience
- Good inter-personal skills and a can-do attitude
- Team management experience is desirable but not a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of ETC is desirable but not a pre-requisite
- Applicants with some technical background/training will be prioritized
Please note that this is a residential programme and participants will be expected to be fully engaged during the course of the week, including the evenings. Additionally, participants may not get the opportunity to carry on with their regular work for the duration of the training and these factors must be taken into account before applying.
Please email the following to email@example.com latest by 17 January, 2020, midnight GMT
- Application Form
Please fill out the application form online here. and submit a screenshot showing successful completion. (Note that incomplete forms will not be considered)
- Nomination Letter
The nomination letter must meet the following requirements:
- Must come from a manager that is responsible for emergency IT and telecommunications across the applicant's organisation globally (for example, a CIO, Chief of IT, Regional IT Officer).
- Be written on organisational / company letterhead
- Full name, organization and position title of the candidate being recommended
- Full name, organization and position title of the nominator
- Contact information of the nominator (email address / phone number)
- A statement indicating that the candidate will be released from March 30 - April 4 2020 inclusive (plus travel time)
- A statement that all expenses related to travel to / from the training and any other incidental costs will be covered by the nominating organisation.
- Confirmation statement outlining at least ONE of the following:
- Experience in leading / managing or directly supporting deployment of ICT services in a humanitarian context
- Project management experience
- A statement indicating the likelihood / ability of the candidate being deployed to the field for an emergency in the future